Hi! I’m Megan :o)
So I turned 45 yesterday. Yep. 45. My friend said it was the new 29. I’ll go with that ;o)
It was suggested to me that I do a post with 45 things you all might not know about me and I thought it sounded like fun. I wanted to keep it quick for you all– everyone is busy and, just so you know, I really am grateful for any time you give to reading my stuff :o) Thank you!!
So, if you don’t get distracted by your kids or a phone call or your cup of coffee, you should be able to read this in under 4.5 minutes easy. It took me 3 minutes and 37 seconds, so I know it’s possible ;o) Here you go!!
- I can’t stand soggy bread– sandwiches, french onion soup, bread pudding– NO SOGGY BREAD!
- I have to have the exact right pajamas for the season– I probably have 20 pairs.
- My husband and I have 2 kids– a ten year old girl and seven year old boy. We adopted them at the same time when they were 3 years and 4 days old. They are siblings.
- I can’t eat pink or undercooked meat and touching raw meat is yucky!!
- I am a Licensed Clinical Therapist and have my own Private Practice, which I love.
- I keep business cards from places I go where I’ve had a good time and use them for bookmarks. Every time I see them, they bring back good memories. I learned this from my dad.
- I love the Bourne Identity movies– the original 3 with Matt Damon– I can watch them over and over!
- I don’t like my food to touch. It grosses me out.
- I have a love/hate relationship with yoga.
- I have dealt with depression and anxiety in my life.
- Our cat wasn’t really our cat. He adopted us. His name is Tommy, Thomas, Falafel, or Fury, depending who is talking to him
- I have an undergraduate in theater. I got accepted into a graduate performing arts program, but chose not to go due to lack of funds and just getting divorced– life went sideways in my early twenties. It turned out ok, because I met and married a fab guy :o)
- My daughter can be really hard. She has Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD) and our life is complicated by this in a huge way.
- I am a light sleeper and have a hard time sleeping– sleep mask and white noise machine for me every night.
- I worked in psychiatric and substance abuse hospitals for most of my career as a therapist and I loved it!
- My pets have all been rescue pups– Ernie (our Australian Shepherd) is my first baby and he is getting old and deaf and has bad hips and I adore him!
- I have 2 tattoos on my wrist. They are done to look like henna, but are permanent. One is a lotus flower, the other says Karma in Sanskrit.
- I hate to be scared! I don’t like scary rides, haunted houses, scary movies, you name it.
- If I could change anything about my life, I would want to never have had food and body issues.
- I love, love, love to read– fiction, fun, a freaking escape– and I have to read before I can go to bed or my day doesn’t feel complete.
- I never played sports growing up. I was afraid to because I didn’t think I’d be any good, I thought I was too fat, and I was afraid I’d embarrass myself.
- My biological mother has Schizophrenia and an Eating Disorder. It was a complicated childhood.
- I wanted to be an actress. I used to imagine what I would say in my Oscar acceptance speech. It was always deeply moving…
- I have yo-yo dieted almost my entire life– from the age of ten until I was 43. Yup.
- I hate camping.
- Ice cream, ice cream, ice cream– mint chocolate chip and peanut butter chocolate rule!
- One of the main triggers for the start of my body image issues was a weigh-in at the nurses office at school in fifth grade. I weighed 85 pounds and the boys all weighed less.
- I love pizza. Very much.
- I’m 45 and I still like my dad and my amazing step-mom to be proud of me.
- I graduated with an MS in Parks, Recreation, and Tourism and specialized in group therapy.
- I absolutely can not handle mice. They freak me out.
- I repeat myself a lot because I worry that I either haven’t been heard or that I’ve been misunderstood.
- I did fantasy football with my husband this year just because I wanted to do something he was into. Turns out I’m competitive. Turns out I really want to win, but I can’t get a decent tight end…
- I have to have time to myself to recharge and I need silence when I’m feeling overwhelmed.
- I can be a perfectionist and am very hard on myself. I struggled with feeling not good enough for much of life.
- I belly dance with a dance company and as a soloist. I didn’t grow up dancing and started as an adult.
- I hate cleaning the house, but I LOVE a fabulously clean house.
- I like teenagers– they are some of my favorite clients to work with.
- I always wanted to open a no-kill animal sanctuary. I wish I could adopt all the pets.
- I have a brother that had a serious drug problem. He disappeared 24 years ago. I miss him.
- I’m not good at spontaneous and I worry that I’m not fun enough.
- I use a lot of emoticons :o) and exclamation marks!!!!!! to make sure I don’t come off as too serious. I’m self-conscious about that.
- I worry I’m the worst possible mom for my daughter.
- I’ve been to Europe twice as an adult (Hungary, Austria, Germany, and Holland on the first trip. Italy on the second.) and lived in Italy as a baby when my dad was in the marines.
- I hate typos and am so bugged if I find one in something I’ve written and put out there.
You’re done!! How long did it take you…? ;o)xo Megan Roth