Last year I struggled quite a bit with my anxiety and depression. It was a difficult year and I am grateful to be coming into 2017 in a better place.
However, I know lots of other women that have been (or are) struggling, just as I have. They are girlies I love, and they are lovelies that are amazing BTW, and they still struggle with depression, with anxiety. None of us are totally immune.
This has been weighing heavy on me lately because I know what is so often underneath it all. It is fueled by a deep sense of unworthiness, of not deserving-ness, of not good enough-ness. So many of us struggle because we have decided we come up short on whatever measuring stick we are using to beat ourselves up with. Well, I don’t like it. I don’t like it one bit.
- For all those that feel broken.
- For all those that feel like the darkness will never end.
- For all those who have to deal with pain.
- For those that have faced loss.
- For those that have laid in bed and truly felt you couldn’t do it anymore.
- You matter. That’s the bottom line.
- You have gifts that no one else has and that the world needs.
- You are unique will touch people in ways you may never know and in ways only you can.
- You don’t have to be a perfect mom to be the perfect mom for your kids.
- You don’t need to punish yourself with guilt and shame. You just don’t.
- You do not need to lose weight to be happy.
- You do not need to lose weight to be loved.
- You do not have to lose weight to be worthwhile.
- You do not have to lose weight. Period.
- You don’t ever have to make something off Pinterest.
- You don’t have to have a clean house to prove anything.
- You don’t have to say yes all the time. To anyone.
- You can a take a nap because you need one and that does not make you lazy or pathetic.
- You may feel like you are struggling through every day– that does not mean you are failing at life. At this point, it means you are still living, which is a win.
- You don’t have to exercise or move or whatever if you don’t want to. It doesn’t determine your worth.
- You don’t have to cook all the time (or ever) to be a good partner or mom.
- You don’t have to justify or make excuses for your feelings.
- You can completely lose it, crying, screaming, whatever, and that does not mean something is wrong with you.
- You are worth fighting for.
- You are not broken.
- You are worth loving.
- You are worthy of your own compassion and kindness.
- You will not feel this way forever and this is not the end of your happiness.
- You are strong.
- You are a diamond.
I leave you with this Metta (Loving Kindness) Prayer and all the best vibes I can send. And just so you know, every single one of you is included in “all beings”… :o)
May all beings be free.
May all beings be peaceful.
May all beings be happy.
May all beings be safe.
May all beings awaken to the light of their true nature.
May all beings be free.